The Global Federation of Insurance Associations (GFIA) is a non-profit association established to represent national and regional insurance associations that serve the general interests of life, health, general insurance and reinsurance companies and to make representations to national governments, international regulators and others on their behalf. The federation was established at a meeting of insurance associations in Washington on 9 October 2012, to increase industry effectiveness in providing input to international regulatory bodies and to contribute more effectively to the international dialogue on issues of common interest.
- represents member association's interests to, among others, international regulatory groups, standard-setters and governments to increase the industry's effectiveness;
- contributes to an international dialogue on issues of common interest by formalising contact, cooperation and dialogue among national and regional insurance associations;
- co-operates with other international organisations, particularly those representing the insurance industry;
- shares non-commercially sensitive information and research; and
- provides information on positions taken by the federation.
Published on 31 May 2011
Updated on 04 Apr 2017